|REPORTS TO :|
|LOCATION :||Columbus, OH|
|Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division is a U.S. corporation, created to provide Automation Solutions and Support to our customers in North America, Central America, and South America. Yaskawa is the world's largest manufacturer of AC Inverter Drives, Servo and Motion Control, and Robotics Automation Systems. Products are marketed through direct sales, partners, representatives, dealers, and distributors. Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division is a wholly-owned corporation of Yaskawa Electric Corporation of Japan. Since 1915, Yaskawa Electric has served the world needs for products to improve global productivity through Automation. |
Yaskawa is currently seeking a Sales Engineer will be responsible for the sales of engineering, engineering services, and customer support of Yaskawa Mechatronics within the product lines of Motion Control, Drives, and Programmable Logic Controllers. Provide product application and process expertise for automation products and systems that meet Yaskawa and industry standards. Represent Yaskawa in a professional and competent manner. Instill confidence in the customer. Develop relationships with customers in order to enhance the full utilization of all Yaskawa products and services.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology or 11-14 years of practical work experience.
- Minimum of seven years field experience involving Yaskawa or competitor product lines, applications, and projects.
- Minimum of five years practical experience in general motion control and servo applications.
- Strong Mechatronics experience with a Manufacturing or Factory Automation background.
- Experience with PLC based systems, writing PLC programs, and applying Graphical User Interface Software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple proposals and meet minimal deadlines required.
- Interface closely with Marketing and Sales groups to provide Factory Automation solutions to YEA customers.
- Interface directly with customers in all stages of proposal related work from conception to receipt of purchase order.
- Excellent programming capabilities within Windows and controls software tools.
|DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:|
- Make regular visits to customers to generate leads, sales, and attend proposal related meetings.
- Generate sales leads for engineering, service, training, part sales and repairs.
- Obtain bid packages from customers.
- Present information on new and existing Yaskawa products to customers.
- Demonstrate Yaskawa product to customers.
- Present quotations to customers and obtain feedback.
- Negotiate project pricing with the assistance of the Engineering Manager or Director of Engineering.
- Check proposals for accuracy and esthetics.
- Prepare reports on customer proposal activity.
- Follow up with customers on proposal status both on the phone and in person.
- Interface with Yaskawa sales team for customer synergy.
- Interface with Yaskawa distribution.
- Work with engineering to hand off project information after the customer proposal becomes a project.
- Attend project installation to get customer feedback and installation team feedback.
- Other related duties as decided by the Engineering Manager or Director of Engineering.