1000 Series Industrial Drive Application Programming
|Class Name/Number:|| 1000 Series Industrial Drive Application Programming / TRM010-IndustrialApplications-1000 |
View Related Curriculum
Overview Video: https://youtu.be/IBD5-7bUk4A
Duration: 3 Days
The 1000 Series Industrial Drive Application Programming class is designed for technicians and engineers that need to know how to incorporate an A1000, P1000, or U1000 Drive into an application. Students will learn to adjust parameters in the drive using both the keypad and DriveWizard, to perform function demonstrations. Basic and advanced drive parameters will be discussed as well as drive monitors. A variety of hands on exercises in class will help the student thoroughly learn what the parameters functions do and how to set them up. And throughout the class, the student will practice what they've learned by successfully completing application stories.
Class topics include but are not limited to:
- Drive Selection and Sizing
- Keypad Operation
- Control Method Overview (A1000/U1000)
- Heavy/Normal Duty (A1000/U1000)
- Programmable I/O Functions
- Torque Control and Torque Limits
- Speed Search
- Stall Prevention
- Specialty U1000 Function, such as Low Harmonics Priority Mode, Eco Mode, and Regenerative Operation
- Application Programming Examples
- Shipping Conveyor (A1000/U1000) or Discharge Pump (P1000)
- Bottling Application (A1000/U1000) or Tank Fill (P1000)
- Fume Hood
- Dryer Fan
- Milling Machine (A1000/U1000)
- Wastewater Pump (P1000)
- Liquid Separator
- Downhill Mining Conveyor (U1000)
- DWEZ Standard Discussion
Students will receive a copy of the class training manual, as well as selected product user and instruction materials in paper and/or electronic format.
Yaskawa TTS provides a number of training classes for its customers that require the use of low level voltages (120vac, 208vac and 460vac). To ensure a level of safety for the student while working with training class equipment using these voltages, TTS follows an Arc Flash Policy that is consistent with NFPA 70E.
Each student attending class must wear non-melting, untreated, natural fiber long pants.
No prerequisite. However, it will be helpful if the attendee has some experience programming any of Yaskawa’s Drives.
If you're not sure if this class is right for you, call and speak with one of Yaskawa's Product Training Engineers at 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292) dial 4.
This class runs for three days, from 8:30 to 5:00 pm each day, with a one-hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks. The class consists of approximately 60% lecture and 40% programming exercises.
Continuing Education Units:
Continuing Education Units will be awarded to those students that attend this training class in its entirety and pass the certification test with a score of 85% or better. Yaskawa does not provide partial CEU credits for less than 100% attendance. As an IACET Accredited Provider, Yaskawa America Inc. offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard. Yaskawa America, Inc. is accredited by IACET to offer 2.1 CEUs for this program.
Contact Yaskawa for pricing at 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292) dial 4. The fee that you will be charged includes all training documents, a light snack each morning, and a lunch each day. Costs associated with travel, lodging, and evening meals are not included and are the student's responsibility.
To enroll in any class, call Technical Training Services at 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292) dial 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have a PO ready when you call. Class sizes are limited, so call early to reserve your seat. PO must be net 30 days.
Yaskawa reserves the right to cancel a scheduled class at anytime due to low student enrollment. In this situation the student will be asked to reschedule or the tuition cost will be refunded. Yaskawa is not liable for any charges incurred by the customer (i.e.; airline, hotel, and rental car) due to cancellation.
A student may cancel their enrollment more than one week before the start of the class with no penalty. A student wishing to cancel their enrollment within one week of the class start date will be subject to these charges:
- The cancellation fee for end users, if canceling within one week for a scheduled factory class is 50% of the total class tuition fee.
- The cancellation fee for Drives and Motion Distributors, if canceling within one week of a scheduled factory training class is 100% of the total tuition fee.
- The cancellation fee for end users and distributors, if canceling an on-site class within three weeks of a scheduled class date is 100% of the class tuition and logistical fees.