World Class Control for Single Axis ApplicationsMar 29, 2017
Waukegan, IL. The Drives & Motion Division of Yaskawa America, Inc. announces the release of Sigma-7Siec, a unit that combines a servo amplifier with a one-axis motion controller in a single compact package. The new product was created for automation applications which require the control of only one servo motor, yet also call for exceptionally
quick, precise and reliable servo system performance.
The new Sigma-7Siec builds on the legacy of the MP2600iec, an existing Yaskawa product which offers an amplifier/controller combination. The new unit accomplishes both tasks while using the smaller footprint of an individual
amplifier, conserving space in tight control cabinets.
Sigma-7Siec also takes a significant step forward in servo system performance, thanks to its status as part of Yaskawa’s new Sigma-7 family of servo motors and amplifiers. Bandwidth of 3.1 kHz sets a new standard for
servo response, and Yaskawa’s advanced set of servo tuning algorithms assure world class vibration suppression, autotuning and tuning-less commissioning without the need for installer intervention. Sigma-7Siec also delivers the
advantages common to all Sigma-7 SERVOPACK amplifiers, including:
- Open communication: EtherNet/IP and Modbus/TCP for connectivity to nearly every HMI and PLC on the market.
- IEC 61131-3 programming, assuring that programs are developed and executed with predictable behavior.
- Programmable outputs to reduce panel cost and space requirements when only a few outputs are necessary.
- Remote I/O: many third-party remote I/O modules (including Phoenix, Wago, and Opto 22) can be interfaced with the system via MECHATROLINK and Ethernet.
- Web server: a built in web server offers standard controller diagnostic information eliminating the need for special monitoring/maintenance software
These innovations combine to offer machine builders and automation end users the benefit of reduced settling times, reliably precise control and faster setup of a new automation system.