Policies & Information
To enroll in any scheduled class, go to Request Training or call 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292), dial 41. Class sizes are limited, so call early to reserve your seat.
Many classes have prerequisite requirements that are necessary to complete before attendance. Please see the class description for specific prerequisites for each class.
On-site Training Requirements
The minimum class size for a factory on-site training class is six. The maximum class size is ten students. Student hospitality such as snacks and lunch is the responsibility of the customer.
Request a Quote:
- Complete the Inverter Drives or Servo and Motion On-site Questionnaire
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (847) 887-7185
Have a question? Call 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292), dial 41
Drives Road Show Requirements
The minimum class size for a Drives Road Show training class is six students. The maximum class size is eighteen students. It is the customer's responsibility to reserve a training room with the appropriate number of seats and space to accommodate everyone comfortably. The room must also have numerous 120V outlets for the training demos and projector, and the ability to dim the lights. Student hospitality such as snacks and lunch is the responsibility of the customer.
- Complete the Online Road Show Questionnaire and the Road Show crew will contact you to discuss your request
Have a question? Email: email@example.com
Yaskawa Technical Training Services accepts the following methods of payment for class tuition:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
Yaskawa reserves the right to cancel a scheduled class at any time due to low student enrollment. In this situation, the student will be asked to reschedule or the tuition cost will be refunded. Yaskawa is not liable for any charges incurred by the customer (i.e.; airline, hotel, and rental car) due to cancellation.
A student may cancel their enrollment more than one week before the start of the class with no penalty. A student wishing to cancel their enrollment within one week of the class start date will be subject to these charges:
- The cancellation fee for end-users, if canceling within one week for a scheduled factory class is 50% of the total class tuition fee.
- The cancellation fee for Drives and Motion Distributors, if canceling within one week of a scheduled factory training class is 100% of the total tuition fee.
- The cancellation fee for end-users and distributors, if canceling an on-site class within three weeks of a scheduled class date is 100% of the class tuition and logistical fees.
Connecting to Live Online Training Classes
Each student will need a laptop with a camera and microphone, an internet connection, 120v for the product demo and a quiet place to learn. Each morning you'll be connecting into our go-to-webinar system to see the class presentation and to be able to communicate with the instructor. We'll contact you before the class with easy to follow, step-by-step instructions on how to connect to the go-to-webinar system.
Costs associated with travel, lodging, as well as breakfast and evening meals are not included in the tuition cost and are the student's responsibility. Yaskawa, Technical Training Services provides lunch and a light snack while you are in training. Complimentary coffee, tea, and bottled water are available.
Travel and lodging information is available and includes local area attractions, hotels, maps, and directions. Yaskawa has negotiated corporate rates at hotel properties near our offices, but you must mention that you are attending Yaskawa Technical Training to receive the discounted rate.
COVID Policies During Training Classes
Yaskawa America, Technical Training Services follows the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC’s) recommendation of social distancing at least six feet during factory training classes held at the Yaskawa America facility in Waukegan, IL. To meet these recommendations, we’ve physically rearranged the classrooms and limited the number of students enrolled in the class.
Students and instructors must adhere to Yaskawa's safety protocol for mask or face shield utilization in all Yaskawa training facilities, which follow local, state or federal mask orders or revised CDC guidelines. Students should bring with them and may wear during the class, a facemask or face shield approved by the CDC for COVID-19 face protection based on Yaskawa’s safety protocol level at the time of their scheduled class.
Yaskawa, Technical Training Services provides a number of training classes for its customers that require the use of low-level voltages (120vac, 208vac, and 460vac). To ensure a level of safety for the student while working with training class equipment using these voltages, TTS follows an Arc Flash Policy that is consistent with NFPA 70E. Each student attending a class must wear non-melting, untreated, natural fiber long pants.
What to Expect
Training classes run from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm with two fifteen-minute breaks and a one-hour lunch. Please see the class description for the specific class format of each class. You will be provided with a training manual for the class, along with the technical documents for the product you are being trained on. Training classes are a mixture of lectures and hands-on activities. Yaskawa develops training classes with the ideology that “People Learn by Doing”.
Guest parking spots at the Waukegan, IL facility are available near the entrance of the building. The spots are clearly marked for your convenience.
- Attire - Casual business attire is appropriate. However, because room temperatures vary, you may want to dress in layers to ensure your comfort. Per the TTS Arc Flash Policy that is consistent with NFPA 70E, each student attending a class must wear non-melting, untreated, natural fiber long pants.
- Audio Recording - Not allowed.
- Cameras - By permission only.
- Class Format (cost, hours, topics/outline) - Refer to each individual class description.
- Meals - Yaskawa Technical Training Services provides lunch and a light snack while you are in training. Complimentary coffee, tea, and bottled water are available.
- Wireless – A visitor wireless network is available for use with laptops and mobile devices.
- Transportation - American Taxi offers affordable transportation to/from Waukegan area airports.
For more information, call 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292), dial 41 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Evaluation - If you recently attended any TTS training class, please tell us about your class experience.