Policies & Information
To enroll in any scheduled class, go to Learn with Yaskawa. There you will be able to see a full schedule of upcoming class sessions, complete with descriptions and tuition fees. Class sizes are limited, so enroll early to reserve your seat. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292).
Many classes have prerequisite requirements that are necessary to complete before attendance. Please see the class description for specific prerequisites for each class.
Onsite Training Requirements
The minimum class size for a factory on-site training class is six. The maximum class size is ten students. Student hospitality, such as snacks and lunch, is the customer's responsibility.
Request a Quote:
- Complete the Inverter Drives or Servo and Motion On-site Questionnaire
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (847) 887-7185
Have a question? Call 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292), dial 41
Drives Road Show Requirements
The minimum class size for a Drives Road Show training class is six students. The maximum class size is eighteen students. The customer's responsible for reserving a training room with the appropriate seats and space to accommodate everyone comfortably. The room must also have numerous 120V outlets for the training demos and projector and the ability to dim the lights. Student hospitality, such as snacks and lunch, is the customer's responsibility.
- Complete the Online Road Show Questionnaire and the Road Show crew will contact you to discuss your request
Have a question? Email: email@example.com
Yaskawa Technical Training Services accepts the following methods of payment for class tuition:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
Yaskawa reserves the right to cancel a scheduled class anytime due to low student enrollment. In this situation, the student will be asked to reschedule, or the tuition will be refunded. Yaskawa is not liable for any charges incurred by the customer (i.e., airline, hotel, and rental car) due to cancellation.
A student may cancel their enrollment more than one week before the start of the class with no penalty. A student wishing to cancel their enrollment within one week of the class start date will be subject to these charges:
- If canceling within one week for a scheduled factory class, the cancellation fee for end-users is 50% of the total class tuition fee.
- The cancellation fee for Drives and Motion Distributors, if canceling within one week of a scheduled factory training class, is 100% of the total tuition fee.
- The cancellation fee for end-users and distributors, if canceling an on-site class within three weeks of a scheduled class date is 100% of the class tuition and logistical fees.
Connecting to Live Online Training Classes
Each student will need a laptop with a camera and microphone, an internet connection, 120v for the product demo, and a quiet learning place. Each morning you'll be connecting to our virtual training room to see the class presentation and to be able to communicate with the instructor. We'll contact you before the class with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions on connecting to the virtual training room.
Costs associated with travel, lodging, breakfast, and evening meals are not included in the tuition cost and are the student's responsibility. Yaskawa Technical Training Services provides lunch and a light snack while you are in training. Complimentary coffee, tea, and bottled water are available.
Travel and lodging information is available and includes local area attractions, hotels, maps, and directions. Yaskawa has negotiated corporate rates at hotel properties near our offices, but you must mention that you are attending Yaskawa Technical Training to receive the discounted rate.
Yaskawa Technical Training Services provides a number of training classes for its customers that require the use of low-level voltages (120vac, 208vac, and 460vac). To ensure a level of safety for the student while working with training class equipment using these voltages, TTS follows an Arc Flash Policy consistent with NFPA 70E. Each student attending a class must wear non-melting, untreated, natural-fiber long pants.
What to Expect
Please see the class description for the specific class format of each class. You will be provided with a training manual for the class and the technical documents for the product you are being trained on. Training classes are a mixture of lectures and hands-on activities. Yaskawa develops training classes with the ideology that “People Learn by Doing”.
Guest parking spots at the Waukegan, IL, facility are available near the entrance of the building. The spots are clearly marked for your convenience.
- Attire - Casual business attire is appropriate. However, because room temperatures vary, you may want to dress in layers to ensure comfort. Per the TTS Arc Flash Policy consistent with NFPA 70E, each student attending a class must wear non-melting, untreated, natural fiber long pants.
- Audio Recording - Not allowed.
- Cameras - By permission only.
- Class Format (cost, hours, topics/outline) - Refer to each individual class description.
- Meals - Yaskawa Technical Training Services provides lunch and a light snack while you are in training. Complimentary coffee, tea, and bottled water are available.
- Wireless – A visitor wireless network is available with laptops and mobile devices.
- Transportation - American Taxi offers affordable transportation to/from Waukegan area airports.
For more information, call 1-800-YASKAWA (927-5292), dial 41 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Evaluation - If you recently attended any TTS training class, please tell us about your class experience.